Here it is! I started this kit about a month ago and I've finished it about a week ago, but I finally got around to photographing it. It is fully painted and decaled using a 3rd party waterslide decals from gobaltoy over at eBay. I can't give a review of the decals since this is the first kit I've ever decaled; thus, I have no experience using Bandai's or even Samuel Decal's that I can compare with. However, I can say that I've had no problems with it.
Note: Unless noted, the paints are from the Mr. Color paint line.
- Mr. Primer 1200
- Tamiya White Primer
- Tamiya Grey Primer
- 100% White (1)
Off-White (based on 1 ml of paint total)
- 100% White (1) + 1 drop of Neutral Grey (13)
- 70% Black (2) + 30% White (1)
- 60% Red Madder (68) + 40% Shine Red (79)
Blue Grey (based on 1 ml of paint total)
- 50% White (1) + 50% Medium Blue (72) + 4 drops of Purple (67)
- 65% Bright Blue (65) + 35% White(1)
- 50% Blue (5) + 40% Black (2) + 10% White (1)
- Base coat: 100% Silver (8)
- Finishing coat: 100% Tamiya Clear Yellow
- Black surrounding: 100% Model Master Classic Black
- 55% Yellow (4) + 30% White (1) + 15% Orange Yellow (58)
- 100% Clear Blue (50)
Vents, Thrusters, other details
- 100% Silver (8)
- Model Master Gunship Grey
- Model Master Classic Black
Clear coat and Top coat
- Super Clear III (GX 100)
- Super Clear Flat (182)
Note: I've noticed that I had the beam sabers on its side skirts on the wrong way and have fixed it halfway through the photo shoot.
|Lots of dust on the backpack. I didn't notice this until after. It's all clean now!|
This was definitely a fun build! It was also backbreaking thanks to the decals. Made some mistakes though. The big mistakes I've made with this kit was breaking one of the front skirt pieces, breaking one of the shin pieces, and losing the blue thruster pieces for its shoulder armors. I'm sure if you search hard enough, you can see where they broke and were glued back together. Also even without the shoulder thrusters, it doesn't look bad. What do you think?
As this was my first RG kit, the inner frame was mind blowing. I can safely say that I'm hooked on the RG line and will be continuing to support it. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend picking one up. I just wish they came with water slide decals instead of those "realistic decals" which are basically stickers.
Hope you guys look forward to my next kit!
Questions, comments, and advice are more than welcomed!
Thanks for reading!