Friday, November 30, 2012

SD Strike Update: Finished!

It's finally done! It took a very long time because of several setbacks, but I finished it. The final product has been panel lined with both Fine Point Gundam Marker and enamel washes and it's been sprayed with Mr. Topcoat flat. There are a lot of pictures for this post so bear with me guys. Before we get onto the pictures, here is the list of paints and topcoats that I've used for this kit (the numbers next to them signify their respective paint code):

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SD Strike WIP 2

Hi guys! First of all, I hope you all had a great holiday as well as an awesome Black Friday! Now, on to business.

I've been wanting to update my blog for a while now, but since I wanted to take some pictures during the daytime I didn't have a chance until today. So starting from where I left off last time, all parts are painted!

I've got to say that it came out better than I expected, especially the head and the torso unit. I'm a bit partial towards how the blue camera turned out though. I was hoping that I could get a clear blue effect as if it was a clear blue plastic part if you know what I mean. However, there is no clear effect. It still does look good, but it's just not what I wanted. Maybe I should used 1 very light clear blue coat instead of 2 regular coats. Lesson learned. I also did some mock build to see how it'll turn out and here are the results in segment sequences:

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Starting with Strike!

Hello, everyone. Before I get into my first Gunpla blog, I wanted to mention that this is my first blog ever and that any constructive criticism / advice or hate comments will be greatly appreciated and duly noted, respectively. Also, I decided to start this blog in the middle of painting, so it's not really from start to finish. Lastly, as I figure out how html works, the blog should look better than it is now. Now then, on with Gunpla!

Even though I'm not new with Gunpla itself, I've never actually fully built a model. When I say fully, I mean using the correct tools, painting, and detailing. I used twist the parts or forcefully break off the nubs. However, after finding and looking at the works from the people over at /r/gunpla, I decided to try fully building kits from now on. So I built myself a DIY painting booth, bought the necessary tools and paints, and most importantly the models. Since I'm new to the painting world of Gunpla, I figured I would start out with the easiest to build SD series. Thus, I chose this as my test / pratice kit: