Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

HG AGE-FX WIP 2 + New Items!

Even though it's late, Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have a great 2013 filled with Gunpla! I know I'm excited to see what Bandai has in store for 2013, especially for the RG line. 

New Items

To start off here is a group shot of everything I got in the past couple weeks.




Few of them were presents I received, but most of them I bought for myself. In case he's reading this, I'd like to thank Austin from R4L for pulling through with the RG Justice. The little box you see on top of Sandrock are the 3 Gaia paints I ordered from eBay. 



2 x Star Bright Gold (122) and 1 x Pearl Copper (133)








Both are extremely attractive colors and I'm very pleased with the purchase. I may buy some more of the other colors so I can use them for the inner frame's pipeline, vents, joints, etc. For now, I can't wait to use the gold, especially on all those Sinanjus! 

AGE-FX

All the parts have been painted, clear coated, and some are even snapped together, as shown below. Just in case someone didn't read WIP 1, all of these pieces have been preshaded with Mr. Color Black (2); thus, the corners and edges may seem darker.




70% Mr. Color Bright Blue (65) + 30% Mr. Color White (1)


Inside: 100% Mr. Color Black (2)
Outside: 70% Mr. Color Bright Blue (65) + 30% Mr. Color White (1)


White part: 100% Mr. Color White (1)
Blue part: 70% Mr. Color Bright Blue (65) + 30% Mr. Color White (1)


50% Mr. Color Yellow (4) + 20% Mr. Color Orange Yellow (58) + 30% Mr. Color White (1)


Grey part: 80% Mr. Color Neutral Grey (13) + 20% Mr. Color Black (2)
Silver part: 100% Mr. Color Silver (8)


40% Mr. Color White (1) + 35% Mr. Color Sky Blue (34) + 35% Mr. Color Bright Green (66)

This is the clear waist piece that I was wondering what to do with last time. I went ahead and painted only the backside of it to keep it's clear look. Again, I didn't paint the entire piece with a mixture of clear colors because I didn't have access to Mr. Color Clear Green (138). However, the result isn't that bad at all.  It looks even better when snapped into place.

The C-Funnels required the most work. Since all the funnels come in clear green, lots of masking was needed. At one point, I was tempted to use the purple stickers that Bandai included, but I'm glad I didn't because the result made the funnels the best looking pieces of this kit, at least in my opinion.










The six funnel base pieces on the right snap into the grooves on one side of the larger C-Funnels, but the other side you would place a sticker on if you were building OOB. I understand why they didn't make separate purple bases for the smaller C-Funnels, but I kind of wish Bandai went the extra mile and make 6 more of the larger C-Funnels' purple bases. 


65% Mr. Color Purple (67) + 20% Mr. Color Bright Blue (65) + 15% Mr. Color White (1)






I've already top coated the C-Funnels because they were already masked after painting them. So I just need to work on the panel lines and finish it with the final matte top coat. In case anyone is wondering about my RG Freedom, I've finished with the decals and sprayed it with the final top coat. I'm just finishing up my light box so I can take some better pictures of it. By the time my next post comes around, I'll also have the AGE-FX completed. Hope you guys look forward to it!

Lastly, here's a sneak peek at my next kit. 




It's a close up picture of a section of the box art. Can anyone guess what it is?

Questions or comments are more than welcomed!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment